If you’re not familiar with Everett, the county seat of Snohomish County, Washington, it’s worth placing on your radar. This is a scenic and culturally rich Northwestern city that offers a surprising number of perks to both visitors and residents.
Here are the top 15 reasons why you’ll love living in Everett.
- Natural beauty and outdoor activities. Everett provides you with the best of the Pacific Northwest with parks, water, and mountains all close by. If you enjoy the great outdoors, you can visit beautiful spots such as Howarth Park, Legion Park, and the Evergreen Arboretum & Gardens whenever you want.
- Growing economy. Everett is a good choice if you’re looking for a place with a thriving economy, with a growing job market with future job growth projected to be over 38% over the next ten years.
- Close to Seattle. In Everett, you can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of a small city while you’re only 25 miles from Seattle with its skyscrapers and incredible diversity of culture.
- A center of aviation history. Everett is the headquarters of Boeing, where famous planes such as the 747 and 787 are made. You and your family can take the Future of Flight Tour to learn more about the exciting history of aviation.
- Solid real estate investment. Prices for homes in Everett are on the upswing. Zillow reports that prices have risen 15% in the last year and will rise another 5% this year.
- A convenient place to dock your boat. Everett boasts the West Coast’s largest marina. If you own a boat or always dreamed of having one, Everett is one of the best places to live with yacht and sailing clubs and more than 2,000
- It’s a great place if you love fishing. Everett is famous for its Coho salmon which return to many streams near Everett. There’s even an annual event, the Coho Derby to celebrate this. Other types of fish are numerous here as well, including sturgeon, steelhead, and Pacific halibut.
- Mild climate. While people like to complain about the rain in the Northwest, it’s also true that this region is one of the nation’s most temperate. You can escape extremes of both heat and cold by living here, with average temperatures ranging from the high 40s in winter to the low 70s in summer.
- Lots of cultural events. If you enjoy cultural events such as plays and concerts, Everett has plenty of interesting options, including the Historic Everett Theatre, which dates back to 1901. There are also quite a few museums, such as the Schack Art Center, Imagine Children’s Museum and the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum.
- Sports Stadiums. There are several minor league sports teams in Everett. The Puget Sound Gunners FC, the Everett Silvertips hockey team, and the Everett AquaSox baseball team ensure that sports fans always have someone to root for.
- Great selection of food and dining options. You can get all kinds of local produce and local specialties at the Everett Farmer’s Market. There are also a growing number of great restaurants, including seafood, steakhouses, Italian, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, and lots of others.
- Visit Jetty Island. This unique spot is right off the coast of Everett and is a popular destination for birdwatching, hiking, kiteboarding, and just relaxing during the summer months. Ferries frequently transport passengers back and forth from the mainland to the island.
- Boutique wines and craft beers. The Port Gardner Bay Winery is right in downtown Everett and has some amazing wines at affordable prices. Lazy Boy Brewing offers many distinctive beers, many brewed right in the Everett-Seattle area.
- A nearby casino. You don’t have to travel all the way to Las Vegas to enjoy games of chance. Great American Casino is right in Everett that offers a variety of games, dining, and entertainment.
- Art galleries and art walks. Everett has lots of galleries where local artists showcase their work. There are monthly art walks where you can learn more about the local arts scene and meet artists and art lovers.
If you’re considering the Everett or greater Seattle area and have questions, feel free to give us a call!